NuPoint Unified Messaging Rel 9.0 Installation and Maintenance (T-NPUM-9.0-IM)
Registration Fee: $2,868.75
|June 17 - June 20, 2019
||7:00 am to 3:00 pm MT
|July 29 - August 1, 2019
||8:00 am to 4:00 pm CT
|September 9 - September 12, 2019
||8:00 am to 4:00 pm CT
Audience: Technicians, installers, and maintainers
Length: Four days
Mitel Course Number: T-NPUM-9.0-IM
NuPoint Unified Messaging provides users with access to a host of highly flexible and customizable applications. These applications allow for the easy routing of calls within the organization and the ability to relay, store, and retrieve messages using a phone, fax machine, pager, PC, or intelligent mobile device.
In this course, you will gain the skills required to install, deploy, configure, and maintain the key features available with NuPoint Unified Messaging, regardless of platform: NuPoint UM deployed with Mitel Applications Suite, NuPoint UM standalone, or Virtual NuPoint UM.
In order to enroll in this course, students must complete:
- Mitel Standard Linux Release 10.5 Installation and Maintenance Certification
- NuPoint Unified Messaging Primer
There is no charge for these prerequisite courses.
We also recommend that students have a good working knowledge of the following:
P-based networks including hardware, IP subnets, DNS, and DHCPVoicemail systems email client tools (Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010) and Certification for the platform on which you will be installing NuPoint UM (either MiVoice Business or MiVoice Office 250)
Equipment and Setup Requirements
For this remote course, students must have the following equipment:
- One telephone capable of hands-free or headset operation with mute capability (for audio conferencing)
- Two PCs or one PC with dual screens. (One for the web session and the other for systems and documentation access)
- Three Mitel IP Phones (recommended sets are 5340, 5340e, 5330, 5330e, and 5320)
- One Layer 2 PoE Switch (to support the IP Phones).
- Secure Shell (SSH) Program installed (PuTTy, for example, can be downloaded for free at www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)
Equipment for class needs to be set up in a quiet environment for the best learning experience. Students must also have access rights to install software on the PC(s) for purposes of the lab environment. Notification and information regarding Teleworker IP addressing and URLs will be communicated to the student by the instructor prior to class start date. A test procedure will be included in this information to ensure all communication requirements are met.
NOTE: To ensure there will be no class delays, this procedure MUST be done the week before the start of class.
NOTE: Class enrollment will close one week before the class start date. The prerequisites must be completed before class enrollment.
Upon completion of this class, the student will be able to:
- Describe the NuPoint Unified Messaging system to customers
- Prepare for the deployment of NuPoint Unified Messaging in a customer network
- Install the NuPoint Unified Messaging system software in standalone and MAS deployments
- Configure the NuPoint Unified Messaging system for ICP/CP integration
- Customize Feature Classes of Service (FCOS) and Limits Classes of Service (LCOS)
- Provision user mailboxes and special mailboxes in both MAS and standalone deployments
- Configure voice mail, system out-dialing, standard and advanced unified messaging, call director, and fax applications
- Perform troubleshooting tasks and routine administration procedures to ensure a healthy system, including running statistical reports
- Discuss Virtual NuPoint UM, deployed in a VMware environment
Additional Recommended Training:
Terms and Conditions:
The information contained in this document is subject to change without notice and should not be construed in any way as a commitment by MITEL NETWORKS or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.